Monday, August 29, 2011

A Letter to the Devli


:P

No peace on you dear shaytan. But welcome, I know you’ve been tied up for quite a long time, and I hope you had a ‘blast’ back there. No, real blast, not that happy-birthday-havva-blast type of blast.

I just wanted to say that I am no longer the girl you knew, I’m welcoming you as a stronger person. You really should be nervous right now. I’ve prayed to Allah to make me strong to resist all your stupid calls and I am confident that He heard my du’a against you.

So what were you doing back there while I was enjoying my time without you? I did a lot, not so much but I’m quite happy with myself though. I made a lot of dua’s for you, so sweet eh? Are you in tears?

Anyways I’m giving you a heads up, you and your friends have to be really smart this time around. I’ve seen my other Muslim sisters and brothers pushing their very best last month, unleashing the soldier in them. I saw them as strong as they could’ve been all this while. Who would’ve thought that brother could stand for 20 rakaahs listening to the Imam, without understanding anything? Who could’ve thought that that sister could put on her hijab properly this time, for a whole month! Who could’ve thought that these brothers could complete their iktikaf? Shutting off from the world and to focus only on pleasing Allah, mashAllah that’s just amazing! I’m not kidding you shaytan, these people are amazing I’m warning you. They really, truly fasted.

I bet this Ramadan spirit is killing you already.

So maybe you have to come up with better tricks this time.

But don’t do the ghost thing, that’s really cheap. 

6 comments:

lady aqua said...

i adore this, i really do! thanks for composing this letter. gives me so much spirit to make sure the devil in me stays defeated.

happy eid mubarak! taqabbalallahu minna waminkum, taqabbal ya kareem. kullu sanah wa antum bikheir :)

qistina said...

and u too :D

Musaafirah said...

Assalamu Alaikum wa rahmatullahi t3ala wa barakatuhu! I love this post!

p.s. am your newest follower. Check out my blog please..

Saduf said...

SubhanAllah! That was really motivating. Jazakillah khair for sharing :)

qistina said...

:D

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post. Thanks for the motivating words!