As usual, I jotted down some points. But you still have to watch it! Don't be lazy! It's Ramadhan!
These are just some points, but there;s more if you watch the whole video. I can't describe my note as a summary of the whole video.
What specific activities should be performed in the blessed month of Ramadhan?
By Dr. Zakir Naik.
1. Niyyah (only for Allah)
2. Observing the sunnah of the fast (suhoor as late as possible, iftar ASAP, be careful and avoid everything that’s haram or makruh)
3. Implement as many sunnahs of the prophet (may peace be upon him)
1. Growing a beard (no worries bros, you’re more gorgeous with it on)
2. Pray in congregation (jamaah)
3. Go to the mosque (especially bros)
4. Offer more nafl (sunnah) prayers
5. Pray taraweeh
6. Do iktikaf in the last 10 days of the Holy Month
7. Do more and more zikr (the remembrance of Allah)
8. Read as much Quran as possible( and don’t forget the meaning of it!)
9. Read as much authentic hadiths as possible
10. Pay the zakat
11. Maximize charity
12. Spend more time with family
13. Forgive people, as this is the month of forgiveness mashaAllah
14. Do da’wah
15. ….and lots more!
I’m now trying to get to know the prophet (may peace be upon him) more, cos I’ve been feeling that I don’t know him as much as I need to know him. He’s trying to save me from hellfire and loves me without even seeing me, so of course I need to know more about him. So I bought a book the other day and insyaAllah will be reading it everyday.
I’m also trying to memorize surahs from the quran as it is recommended by many people. But I’m trying to figure out which surahs to memorize. I’m thinking of short surahs so that it’ll be easier and this way I also can memorize more meanings of each surahs. Its not quantity, its quality, innit? Whaddaya think? Which surahs?